March 6, 2015

Raffle quilt & Chili cook off


 I finally finished these blocks that I won in the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild raffle a couple of years back. We were all to use inaugural QuiltCon colors, and all the blocks were raffled to four or five winners. This is my finished. Quilt as you go was not as easy as I thought it was. I find it hard to align and make the sashes meet. But then again these are one inch sashes! I feel confident in my color choices and quilting. I love how it turned out and gave it to my mother in law for her 70th birthday in January. These blocks were made by different DMQG members, whom I will never know who's which, but they are all loved!


DMQG members' blocks
the back





Guess who won the church chili cook off? Me! I was very surprised with the win and received so many compliments! This stick to your ribs recipe is a keeper!




No comments: