May 19, 2016

baby season

 New babies mean new quilts. This boy  quilt with bow ties was so quick to make. I started before going on a dinner date (Wednesday Enchilada special at El Fenix of course!) and completed it by 1 a.m. Yes I am at work and barely working. So sleepy. I cut 4 10.5 inch squares (2 print 2 solid) Made HSTs and rearranged to make hour glass blocks. I added 2 one inch ties to complete. Having four different prints would have been nice but who had time for that?! I sandwiched it with a scrappy backing, mainly baby blue solid with some green gingham.  This one is for my freshman's teacher. It is her first baby and her last week in Texas.

 I stipple quilted it and added binding, WHALES! So cute.

My daughter has had her BF since sixth grade. They are both in their early twenties now, and mommies of boys who are besties! I was so excited to hear she was having a baby girl. I have always been one to not want to know the gender but those mint green and yellow gifts gotta go! This one is part modern part vintage. The jelly roll stripes are from Moda- Aneela Hoey Hello Petal.I paired four blocks with a vintage scrappy border.
"straight enough" quilting

meander/stipple quilting in the coral border and swirls in the blue border

a lilac solid back

No comments: